Friday, August 12, 2011

Am I Afro-Puerto Rican?

I'm half black & half puerto rican. My mom has African American descent & Native American descent as well, and my father is just Puerto Rican but his skin color is really tan & my mom has brown skin & I'm also dark just a little bit lighter than my mom. In school when people ask me what am I, I say I'm black & puerto rican then they reply with a laugh and say you don't look it or they say whose from puerto rico in your family in a sarcastic way, the black people seem offended when I say I'm puerto rican & the puerto ricans seem doubtful when I say that I'm "one of them". I don't have bad hair my hair is thickish, wavy and has multiple colors in it, my skin is kinda the same color as the actress meagan good (if you know her) just like 2 shades darker, I have big brown eyes, I have my fathers nose except I have my mothers plump lips but there shaped the same way as my dads. So yeah does this mean I'm Afro-Puerto Rican? & Why do these people act this way towards me? I hope this makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment